Today’s Update from Pastor Ryan (June 25, 2015) – Today’s update will be short as I will be highlighting very important meetings that the whole church is invited to.
· On Tuesday, June 30 at 2:30 pm at the Outdoor Worship Center (OWC) the Trustees will be meeting with Greg Rhinehart, Executive General Adjuster with Vrs Vericlaim, to go over the first estimated numbers for our insurance claim.
· Also on Tuesday, June 30 at 6:30 pm the Building Committee will be meeting at the OWC to go over more proposed bids for the option of building new (one option, not the only option)
· On Wednesday, July 1 at 7 pm the Administrative Board will be meeting with the District Superintendent (DS) for an Ad Board type Charge Conference to approve a lease at the former DPW Building on South High Street for Office, Preschool, Rehearsal, small group and we think Sunday School and Worship space with some redesigns the DS and Trustees are looking to make (we will be in this building for 1 year with month to month possibility of extension based on our needs).
· Also on Wednesday, July 1 after the Ad Board type Charge Conference the Trustees will meet to go over plans for the Leased Building (if Ad Board approves) and to go over the preliminary insurance numbers to research options on what to do with our current location.
· Please additionally note that an attorney and building inspector are also going over the lease and working with the borough to make sure we are in compliance with all zoning ordinances and that the building is environmentally safe. Preschool staff, church staff, and Trustees have also walked through the proposed leased building and believe that the space will work for our short-term needs.
The meetings next week focus on the work of Trustees, Ad Board, and Building Committee and are open to everyone in the church, so please feel welcome to come to any or all of the meetings on June 30 & July 1 at the OWC.