Christ United Methodist Church Schedule from May 26 – June 30, 2015:
Tuesday, May 26 – 6:30pm Building Com. Meeting at OWC
Wednesday, May 27 – 9am Full Staff Meeting at Selinsgrove Library
Thursday, May 28 – 7:30pm Imagine Christ Meeting at OWC
Sunday, May 31 – Worship at Weber Chapel, SU
Sunday, May 31 – Noon Potluck lunch – Church provides hot dogs, buns
Tuesday, June 2 – 12:30pm Bible Study lunch, location to be announced
Friday, June 5 – 4-6:30pm spaghetti dinner at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church
to Benefit CUMC
Friday, June 5 and Saturday, June 6 – Worship Design Retreat
Sunday, June 7 – Worship at Weber Chapel, SU
Monday, June 8 – Youth Fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse
Tuesday, June 9 – 6pm Finance at OWC
Tuesday, June 9 – 7:15pm Ad Board at OWC
Thursday, June 11 through Saturday, June 13 – Annual Conference
Saturday, June 13 – 6pm (gates open at 4:30pm) – Harrisburg Senator’s
Baseball Game ($3 from each ticket sold supports Campership Fund of
the SUSUMC) – Sign up by Thursday, May 28!
Sunday, June 14 – Worship at Weber Chapel, S.U. with Sunday School
Sunday, June 14 – 7pm Worship/Campfire/S’mores/Mt. Pies/Fellowship at
Tuesday, June 16 – 7pm Stamen’s Vespers with Communion
Thursday, June 18 – noon God’s Grownups at Denny’s
Sunday, June 21 – Worship at Weber Chapel, S.U. with Sunday School
Tuesday, June 23 – 6:30pm SPRC at OWC
Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28 – Tent/RV Weekend at Green
Hills RV Park
Sunday, June 28 – Worship at Weber Chapel, S.U. with Sunday School
Tuesday, June 30 – 6:30pm Building Com. Meeting at OWC
***Monday Morning Men, Monday Night Men, Tuesday Morning Bible Study, Tuesday Travelers, Choir, Praise Team, Thursday Night Bible Studies, and any other small groups both official & unofficial – please check with your leader for your schedule and leaders please email us your schedule so we can post it and/or confirm what your schedule will be. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From our wonderful Children's Ministry Director, Amanda Rousu -- here is an update for CUMC Children's Ministry & Vacation Bible School:
Sunday School will resume June 14th for all ages. Children ages preschool-5th grade will meet in the Multi Purpose Room in the basement. Youth classes will meet in Dressing Room A. Sunday School staff will be meeting this week at 9:15 to plan in our new space. More information will be coming soon.
Vacation Bible School: We will host Mess-a-Palooza VBS at Kidsgrove July 20th-23 (rain date July 24th) from 6:30-8:00. We will need crew leaders, crafts, games, snack leaders as well as actors for our Bible story and worship leaders. Let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in being part of this super messy and fun week! Mess-a-Palooza is all about learning to TRUST GOD in all of life's messes. Registration for children entering Kindergarten-5th grade will be open in June.
Preschool Bible Story Time- In place of our week of preschool VBS we will hold a series of Bible Story Hours that will include a story, craft and other fun activities at the Outdoor Worship Center on Thursday mornings in July and August. More information will be available in June.
Blessings Sisters & Brothers of Christ UMC, Selinsgrove:
Today’s Update from Pastor Ryan (May 22, 2015)
• We will be worshipping at Weber Chapel, Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove all summer including May 31 (this is a change) with our regular schedule of 8 am Praise Service & 10:30 am Traditional Service. We will still have a potluck lunch at the Outdoor Worship Center Sunday, May 31 after worship at approximately Noon. Please make all attempts to be at the lunch as it is a great time to be together through this process as the people of CUMC.
• Sunday School will restart Sunday, June 14 at 9:15 am. More information to come on how we will be set-up for that.
• The next Pastor presentation on where we are at will be Sunday, May 31 at 9:15 am in Weber Chapel.
• There are Vacation Bible School Plans and they will be released soon. (Information is just starting to come out and I need to check to make sure I have the details correct)
• This week progress continued on controlling the loss and in finishing the mitigation process with Mark1. We had a very productive game plan meeting with them on Tuesday and many ministries continue to clean out and inventory their items. We hope to be finished with almost all of this process by the end of next week. If you would like to help with any of this process, please private message me and I will see where you might be able to help out. Please know that your help might or might not be needed as it depends on what needs done. We will need everyone’s help but it might come in phases.
• An electrical engineer has come out and hopes to be able to get temporary power to some parts of the building very soon.
• The office staff had a very productive meeting on Wednesday of this week.
• Trustees, Office Staff, Pastor and Preschool began the process yesterday of looking at temporary office and preschool space during our time of being displaced. We will continue to look at space on Wednesday of next week.
• You may always call the office phone number at 570-374-8539 and leave a message as we check voice mail regularly. Email is also a great way to get ahold of us (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
• The parsonage phone number will begin working again this afternoon as it had gone out due to a line problem (under the theory of “when it rains, it pours”, but all is good, God is with us!). Sorry for any inconvenience.
• Insurance money will begin to be released next week for us to start paying bills and to replace items affected by our loss. More information on this next week.
• Many people, churches, organizations, and businesses continue to be very generous with gifts of space, money, food, prayers, supplies, support and more. We are beginning the process of sending out thank-you’s to these individuals and groups.
• We are not ready yet to make a presentation on options for the next phase after we are done with mitigation/demolition/emergency services. We are still probably 3 to 4 weeks away from getting out preliminary information. Please keep everything in your prayers.
• Confirmands will join the church on Sunday, July 19 at both services.
• New members will go through orientation and be able to join the church sometime this summer. Jaime Carpenter and I are working on those plans and will get more information out in the coming weeks. All prospective members were contacted this week.
• Many visits and calls were made this week from the care-giving and connection contact teams. More of this will continue next week.
• All Outdoor Worship Center commitments, services, rentals, events, etc. will continue to proceed as planned and all commitments will be honored.
God is with us! “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” (Ephesians 2:8) Keep praying, keep loving, keep reaching out, and Trust God! When the people of the Bible had to go through a trial, God always brought them out better on the other side of that trial! God is with us! Trust God! We have been saved by grace! We will be better for God!
Blessings ~ Pastor Ryan
Missions committee of Christ UMC is holding their annual shoe drive. We accept any and all kinds of footwear that are in reasonable condition. The shoe drive this year supports UM Mission Central. We are collecting footwear on the following Sundays, only: 6/7; 6/14; 6/21. We will collect only during the worship services(s). There will be a collection box at the location of the worship service during the worship service but not at other times. Please, please put a sturday rubber band around each pair of footwear or tie the laces together loosely. If you have a donation and cannot ring it during the three scheduled Sundays, please call Jim Rinck, 570-374-7767, and leave a message about the best time to pick it up from you. Thank you for your donation!
St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, Sunbury, will be holding a spaghetti dinner on June 5 from 4-6:30 to benefit our church! Everyone is invited to attend.
Harrisburg Senators Game on June 13 at 6:00 p.m. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. Since we no longer have a list of people who signed up to go, please let Vicki or Esther know if you want to attend. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call -the church at 570-374-8539 and leave a message.
Toys are being taken to Africa on Theresa Beaver’s mission trip. Items requested are: Frisbees, balloons, hard candy, and tennis balls. Items donated are needed by Tuesday, June 9. She is leaving June 15. You can drop them off at her house or call 570-374-3808.
CUMC is having a food stand at a public auction on Paxtonville Road, Saturday, May 30, from 7am-9pm. Volunteers and bakers are needed. If you would like to help, pleased call Kathy Bunch at 570-374-7639.