Blessings Sisters & Brothers of Christ UMC, Selinsgrove:
Today’s Update from Pastor Ryan (May 15, 2015)
• Phoenix Electronic Restoration was here on Monday 5-11 of this week and took sound equipment & the computer in the sanctuary, speakers, microphones, Jaime’s laptop, a parishioners video camera, Pastor’s computer tower; left behind were the 2-projection machines in the sanctuary however took information from them to determine what to do, also all the speakers close to the ceiling or hanging will be claimed as a loss. They left the organ & piano in the sanctuary which they will clean in place; the piano in the choir room is a claimed loss. They also later in the week took the Carillon.
• Mark 1 was present along with ministry volunteers on Tuesday 5-12 and Wednesday 5-13 to remove contents from the 2nd floor offices (Jaime & Pastor), choir room and basement as people inventoried the stuff in the Kitchen and pantry and threw out what could not be saved, Mark 1 has 2-dumpsters in place for the contents that were damaged and has provided a cube truck for salvageable contents which has been brought back to their warehouse to be cleaned and de-odorized and will be brought back to our storage facility at the OWC for storage while our project is being completed. Examples of items brought back to be cleaned Hand Bells, music stands, microphones, hymnals, Bibles, and various other items from the sanctuary.
• We are still in the loss mitigation/emergency services/needed demolition phase. I would personally estimate that we are approximately 70% completed with this phase (this is not scientific and coming from a man with theology & divinity degrees so take that for what it is worth). The Trustees are in charge of this phase. As soon as we complete this phase, there will be a little bit of a lapse in time as estimates are completed and insurance adjusters work to get us figures. The next phase will require presentations and information and most likely votes from the entire congregation. We will have to be patient as this information will take a month to 6 weeks to complete.
• We are working to establish temporary offices for the administrative assistants, Jaime and Pastor Ryan. We are also working on more advertising to let the community know where we are located for worship and how to get a hold of us.
• Jaime continues to head up our website presence and care-giving/connections team. The website is www.christ-umc.net
• We will be worshipping at Weber Chapel, Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove from now through the entire summer with the exception of Sunday, May 31. On May 31, we will have one service at 10 am with a fellowship potluck meal following.
• There is nursery. We are still working on plans for Sunday School and most likely will not have that up and running until sometime in June (the date for this has not been determined)
Christ UMC, you are amazing. Please know that the staff continues to go through emails, phone messages and correspondence and are attempting to get back to everyone as fast as possible. I am so thankful to serve a church that is so loving and caring. You are what the Apostle Paul wanted from the church ~ “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.” – 2 Corinthians 5:20. May you continue through all of this to be Christ’s ambassadors! Pastor Ryan