Blessings Sisters & Brothers of Christ UMC, Selinsgrove:
Today’s Update from Pastor Ryan (May 8, 2015)
• We had a successful meeting of the Administrative Board, Trustees and Finance Committees last night. We are not ready for decisions about the long term future. Numbers and estimates for various options have to be computed and this will take at minimum one month if not longer.
• Mark1 has been hired by the Trustees to do emergency services work of clean-up, electricity, water and removal of damage to prevent further loss or mold. They are also completing cleaning of items we can use in the future. These items are being specially cleaned. Their services will be covered by insurance.
• This Sunday’s Schedule for Worship (May 10) is as follows:
o 10 am One Service, everyone is welcome, please invite others!
o Fellowship Meal to follow ~ Bring your favorite covered dish to share and join us for a time of fellowship; Hot Dogs, Drinks and Place Settings will be provided. (No worries if you have to leave after worship)
• Worship Design Team met last night, we will soon (hoping later today) be able to announce where worship services will be in the future.
• Agapeland Preschool will reopen Monday morning (May 11) at St. Paul’s UCC, Selinsgrove; Agapeland Graduation will be Sunday, May 17 at 1 & 3:30 pm at Weber Chapel at Susquehanna University
• Agapeland, Custodian, Kitchen and some auxiliary ministries were able to start the process of inventorying their items because they were located on the lower level of the Church. We will need volunteers to help with other ministries later, hopefully next week, to begin the process of inventorying those items which cannot be saved. YOU MUST BE APPROVED BY THE MINISTRY LEADER OF A MINISTRY IN ORDER TO HELP WITH INVENTORY so that the process is completed using the right insurance sheets and is not duplicated.
• Esther and I were able to use office space and the copier of Wesley UMC, Selinsgrove today – many thanks to them for their help!
• Many thanks also to St. Paul’s UCC for their help with Agapeland. Also thanks to various community organizations, churches and businesses for all they are doing to help us. We have only begun to scratch the service of taking all these entities up on their offers of help. We will need volunteers to help coordinate this.
God is with us! Remember that as Christians, the worst things are never the last things because of the resurrection. “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28